It will be a relaxing day by being in touch with nature. You will have a chance to meditate under a redwood tree, listen to panel speakers share on topic of "spirituality & nature," enjoy fun sensory-based outdoor activities, tai chi meditation in motion, mindful picnic lunch, meet new friends, and go for personal nature trail walk.
09:00 am – 09:30 : Arriving at Camp Taylor, Redwood Grove Picnic site - pick up name tags
09:30 – 9:50: Settling in w/ sitting
9:50 – 10:05 : Welcome & Orientation
10:10 – 10:30 : Tai chi - Meditation in Motion
10:35 am – 11:10 am : Panel Sharing "Spirituality & Nature" (Thầy Tịnh Mãn, Andrew Bear, Linh Huynh, Renee Burgard)
11:15 - 11: 30: Break and Pick up Lunch bags
11:30 – 12:30 : Hiking and Nature Activities
12:30pm – 01:15 : Picnic Lunch
01:15 – 02:10 : Personal Time - Walking back to Redwood Grove
02:15 pm – 03:15 pm : At Redwood Grove, Team Building Activities
03:15– 03:30 : Break & Writing Testimonials
03:30 – 03:50 : Group Reflections
04:00 pm: Announcements & Adjourn
Last day to register: May 31, 2018
Suggested Donation: $15/youth & $20/adult to cover for lunch, park reservation, liability insurance and activities fees.
1. Comfortable walking shoes for hiking
3. Refillable Water Tumbler
(No plastic please. We are practicing to be eco-friendly. Camp Metta will provide five 5-gallon of filtered water for everyone to refill)
(Camp Metta will provide a lunch bag which includes a vegetarian sandwich, banana & tangerine)
5. Meditation cushion (optional)
6. Back pack or hand bag to put lunch bag & water bottle
7. Most importantly, bring a receptive mind and an open heart!
* As you enter into the Camp Taylor entrance gate, please inform the trooper that you're going to the "REDWOOD GROVE RESERVED SITE." The first 20 cars will be free, each additional vehicle is $8/day/car. Carpool is highly recommended to make Mother Earth smile. Please plan to come early to avoid traffic, to get free parking, and to have more time to relax and be with nature.